Compton Mews, Torquay
A beautiful rural retreat in the English Riviera
“Location feels really remote but actually you’re only 10 minutes away from the lovely Preston Sands/ Paignton. Beautiful country pubs all around you with some lovely food on offer.”
A well-appointed rural retreat in the leafy village of Compton. Situated on the outskirts of The English Riviera, Compton is a picturesque haven of tranquillity yet well-placed to explore South Devon.
Compton Mews is a contemporary property in a rural position on the edge of the English Riviera. Compton itself is a tranquil village, and home to Compton Castle, a National Trust medieval fortress.
Compton is an ideal touring base for exploring South Devon and Dartmoor with good road links to the A38.
Despite the peaceful setting, the many attractions and beaches of Torquay, Paignton and Brixham are all within a short drive. Amenties include the multiplex cinema, zoo and steam railway in Paignton, Living Coasts, Babbacombe Model Village and cliff railway in Torquay and charming fishing harbour in Brixham.
The property, which is adjacent to Compton Castle, offers spacious rooms and luxury touches throughout with an en-suite master bedroom, parking for 2 cars and doors leading out onto the patio.
- A two bedroom ground floor apartment – sleeps 4.
- Situated in the peaceful village of Compton.
- Lawned garden and patio complete with furniture.
- Off-road parking for two cars.
- Excellent touring base for South Devon from the coast to Dartmoor.
- A light and airy living area with patio doors giving access to the patio and gardens.
- Furnished with two terracotta two-seater sofas, nest of coffee tables and a widescreen TV complete with Sky and a DVD player.
- Wooden dining table with four matching chairs.
- Kitchen comprises a gas oven, gas hob and fridge/freezer.
- Full range of utensils and accessories including a microwave, toaster and kettle.
- Please note – clothes washing facilities are available on-site, please contact the bookings team, for more information.
Bedroom one with en-suite bathroom
- A spacious room with patio doors giving access to the patio and gardens.
- Furnished with a king-size bed, double fitted wardrobe, mirror, table and a wall mounted LCD TV with integrated Freeview.
- Furnished with twin beds, two bedside cabinets complete with lamps, and a double wardrobe.
- The en-suite bathroom comprises of a walk in shower cubicle, Jacuzzi bath, twin wash basins complete with mirrors, shaver socket, heated towel rail and w.c.
- There is also a cloakroom w.c. complete with wash basin.
- The apartment is accessed by it’s own private entrance off the patio.
- Patio area with a table and four matching chairs.
- Access to the spacious gardens.
- Secure off-road parking.
- Situated in the peaceful village of Compton, within a short walk of Compton Castle.
- Within a short drive of the beaches, shops and attractions of The English Riviera.
Parking|Children allowed|Country views|Rural retreat|Garden