7 Torwood Gables, Torquay
Part of a former school building close to Torquay harbour and centre
“Lovely property has everything we needed and all very convenient for town and harbour, the weather was great this week too.”
7 Torwood Gables is a 3 bed mid-terraced stone built house converted from a former school. The house retains its original wooden beams and windows and has recently been completely refurbished to a high standard. This property is excluded from late availability discounts.
7 Torwood Gables is a 3 bed mid-terraced stone built house converted from a former school. The house retains its original wooden beams and windows and has recently been completely refurbished to a high contemporary standard including solid wood flooring in the living area and ceramic tiles in kitchen and bathroom, fitted carpet on stairs & upstairs. Added touches such as antique style chandelier lighting in most rooms help to preserve original style of property.
For larger parties, this property can be booked with the neighbouring property, 8 Torwood Gables, to accommodate 12 guests.
The property is in a peaceful location yet offers easy access down the hill to Torquay Harbour, with its restaurants, cafes and shops, the Princess Theatre, and the popular Fleet Walk Shopping Centre. You will find numerous restaurants and bars on Torwood Street and around the inner harbour plus upmarket restaurant, The Orange Tree, is just a 1 minute walk away in Parkhill Road. Living Coasts, Torquays coastal zoo, is another 2-minute walk.
The beaches at Torre Abbey Sands and Meadfoot are both within walking distance, as is the Torquay stretch of the South West coast path, which leads to Shaldon. The medieval Torre Abbey, due for re-open in July, is around 5 minutes away. Other nearby attractions are Babbacombe Model Village, Kents Cavern and Bygones.
“This was our first visit to Torquay and we had a lovely time. The house is in a great location and was immaculate throughout.”
The property also benefits from a parking space.
Please note: Bookings for must be made Saturday to Saturday between April – September and for all school holiday weeks. Short breaks may be accepted at other times of the year by prior arrangement, although they must arrive and depart within a Saturday to Saturday period. Special offers and late availability discounts are not available to this property.
(Click here for further information on Torquay and Torquay holiday cottages).
Please note : bookings must be made Saturday- Saturday.
“Accommodation was great, a home from home. Weather was fantastic, thank you.” The Devine and McMillan families, July 2010.
- A 3 bedroom apartment in a converted school, sleeps 6.
- Parties of up to 15 guests can be accommodated by also booking 8 and 5 Torwood Gables.
- Well appointed throughout.
- Rear courtyard.
- Allocated parking.
- Spacious living area with views to the front garden.
- Furnished with 2x 3 seater sofas and coffee tables.
- Entertainment is provided by a flatscreenTV with Freeview, Playstation (including DVD and CD player) plus a selection of books, DVD’s and games.
- Wi-fi broadband available for guests with their own laptops.
- Fully integrated kitchen comprising a electric double oven, separate grill, 6 ring halogen hob, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge and freezer.
- Utensils and accessories include microwave, toaster, kettle, and cafetiere.
- An iron, ironing board, airer and vacuum are in the living area cupboard.
- Situated within the large kitchen area there is a glass dining table with 6 contemporary matching high back chairs.
“When we arrived we were thrilled at how lovely and comfortable the house was, the bedrooms are to a high standard and downstairs very cosy and comfy. We have been to Torquay many times in different accommodation, but this week has been brilliant”
- Views over the rear courtyard.
- Furnished with a double bed and fitted wardrobe with shelving.
- Views over the front garden.
- Furnished with a double bed, 2x bedside tables both with lamps and fitted wardrobe with shelving.
- Views over the front garden.
- Furnished with a bunk beds and fitted wardrobe with shelving.
- White suite comprises a bath with electric shower over, wash basin, w.c., mirror, shelving and heated towel rail.
- Small courtyard to the rear of the property.
- Furnished with patio tables and 2 chairs.
- Allocated parking for one car.
- 3 steps from road and level access from rear.
- Close to Torquay town and harbour.