6 The Manor House, Torquay
A 2 bedroom mews cottage in an historic Gothic Mansion House
“Absolutely first class!! Thoroughly enjoyable stay. Tranquil, yet a pleasant walk into Torquay. The property affords splendid facilities. Enjoyed the pool and sauna every day. Sue, the property manager, took the time to meet us on Boxing Day and showed us all the features, most appreciated. All in all a relaxing break in great surroundings. Many thanks.”
A beautiful 2 bedroom mews cottage with a raised terrace area with patio furniture, a barbecue and access to the on-site facilities including an indoor pool, sauna, gym, gardens and games room.
The Manor House is an imposing 19th Century Gothic Mansion House set in a peaceful location near the sea front in Torquay. Built in 1867 for the world famous engineer William Froude, pioneer of powered flotation and a major influence in ship design, the mansion has a commanding position in Cockington and breaks the stereotype of traditional Torquay holiday cottages.
6 Mews Cottage, The Manor House is a beautiful 2 storey, 2 bedroom cottage with a raised terrace area allowing partial views across Torquay harbour and wider views across the bay to Berry Head. The property has patio furniture, a barbeque and access to the on-site facilities including an indoor pool (for which towels are supplied), sauna, gym, gardens and games room. On arrival, you will also find a welcome bottle of wine in the property.
A travel cot, high chair and changing mat are provided for younger guests (please note that cot linen is not provided).
This property is close to local shops and a lovely village pub, the Drum Inn, is nearby offering seasonal dishes and real ales in an enchanting setting.
From the nearby sea front you can also catch the bus into Torquay town centre and harbour or explore the rest of Torbay. If you feel like a walk, then Torquay town centre is just 20 minutes away as is Cockington village and the country park.There is also secure allocated parking.
6 Mews Cottage, The Manor House has been awarded a 4 star rating.
- A 4* rated 2 bedroom mews cottage, sleeps 4/5 plus a travel cot.
- Raised terrace area with patio furniture – perfect for dining al-fresco. On arrival, enjoy a welcome bottle of wine.
- Beautiful communal gardens.
- On-site facilities including an indoor pool, sauna and gym (towels are provided for the pool).
- Secure allocated parking.
- Neutral style living area with access out onto the patio where you can relax and dine al-fresco.
- Furnished with 1x two seater and 1x three seater brown leather sofas and coffee tables.
- Entertainment is provided by a TV with Freeview, a DVD player, CD player and
- A selection of books, board games including wooden snakes and ladders, dominoes, Meggablocks building bricks, magnetic drawing board, CDs and DVDs.
- A travel cot, high chair and changing mat are provided for younger guests. Please note that cot linen is not provided.
- An iron and ironing board are provided for guests use.
- Kitchen/diner newly-fitted, with modern kitchen appliances including an electric oven and grill, gas hob, fridge/freezer and dishwasher. Washing machine and tumble dryer housed in the utility area off the kitchen.
- Full utensils and accessories including a microwave, kettle, coffee-maker, toaster, and portable radio/cassette player.
- Picnic/patio plastic mugs, plates, glasses, dishes, salad bowl and cutlery.
- Thermos flask and bottle cooler bag & picnic cooler box with ice blocks.
- Wooden dining table with 4 chairs. An additional chair is also available.
“No 6 was an ideal base for our holiday and both bedrooms having an en suite was perfect for our needs”
Bedroom one with en-suite
- Furnished with a wooden Ash double bedstead with a memory foam mattress, 2 bedside tables both with lamps, a hairdryer, full length cheval mirror, and a double wardrobe with drawers.
- En-suite with window comprises a walk-in shower, wash basin, w.c. and shaver point.
Bedroom two with en-suite
- Furnished with twin metal bedsteads with pocket sprung mattresses, 2 bedside tables both with lamps, a hairdryer, vanity mirror, double wardrobe with drawers, 5 drawer chest and a tub chair.
- Entertainment is provided by flat screen 19″ TV with integrated Freeview and DVD Player.
- En-suite comprises a bath with shower over, wash basin, w.c. and shaver point.
- An additional z-bed is available if required.
En-suite to bedroom one
- En-suite with window comprises a shower cubicle, wash basin, w.c. and shaver point.
En-suite to bedroom two
- En-suite comprises a bath, wash basin, w.c. and shaver point.
- Both bath towels and towels for the pool are provided.
- Large raised terrace area accessed from the living area with table, parasol, 4 chairs, 2 loungers and barbeque with utensils.
- Terrace is accessed down 3 steps – young children should be supervised on the terrace. There are railings surrounding the terrace but there is a drop down to the ground below.
- Beautiful communal gardens and patios with stunning sea views across the bay.
- On-site facilities are accessed via external stone steps and includes an indoor pool (towels are provided), gym and table tennis.
- Secure allocated parking.
- Please note: Washing/towels are not to be hung outside the property – a washing machine, tumble dryer and clothes airer are provided. Ball games are not allowed within the gardens.