4 The Manor House, Torquay
A spacious mews cottage in a historic gothic mansion house
A delightful 2 bedroom mews cottage with stunning sea views and a large private terrace. The cottage benefits from access to communal gardens, indoor swimming pool, sauna, gym and games room.
A delightful, recently refurbished, two bedroom terraced cottage situated within an imposing 19th Century Mansion house. It is located in a commanding position near Torquay sea front and Cockington village and was built in 1867 by the world famous engineer, William Froude, a major influence in ship design and a pioneer of powered flotation.
Number 4 is a beautiful two storey cottage with a large private patio affording sweeping views of the whole of Torbay. There is patio furniture for al fresco dining ƒ__ the perfect place to watch summer regattas and firework displays.
For younger guests, a travel cot and high chair are also provided on request (please note that cot linen is not provided).
This property is close to local shops and a lovely village pub, the Drum Inn, is nearby offering seasonal dishes and real ales in an enchanting setting.
From the nearby sea front you can also catch the bus into Torquay town centre and harbour or explore the rest of Torbay. If you feel like a walk, then Torquay town centre is just 20 minutes away as is Cockington village and the country park.
There is also secure allocated parking.
Please note – whilst bed linen and bath towels are supplied, guests will need to bring their own towels for the swimming pool/beach.
(Click here for further information on Torquay and Torquay holiday cottages).
- Two bedroom mews cottage sleeps 4/5.
- Stunning sea views from all principal rooms.
- Large private terrace with patio furniture and panoramic sea views.
- Full use of communal indoor pool, sauna, gym and the beautiful gardens.
- Secure allocated parking.
- A spacious, ground floor living/dining room with an oak floor and two large windows offering superb sea views over Torbay.
- Furnished with one three seater and one two seater chenille sofa plus a coffee table.
- Glass topped dining table with six high back leather chairs.
- TV with Freeview, DVD player and CD player with a selection of board games, DVDƒ__s and CDƒ__s.
- Bookcase with local interest and fictional books, including a comprehensive collection by the famous local author, Agatha Christie.
- Separate fitted kitchen with granite worktops and integral appliances.
- Gas hob and electric oven and grill, fridge freezer, washer/dryer and dishwasher.
- Full utensils and accessories include a microwave, kettle, toaster and caffetiere.
- An iron and ironing board are provided for guests use.
Bedroom one with en-suite
- Situated on the first floor with superb sea views over Torbay.
- Newly carpeted.
- Furnished with a king sized bed, two bedside cabinets, triple wardrobe and dressing table and chair.
- A hairdryer is also provided.
- The en-suite comprises a bath with shower over and screen to side, wash basin, WC and shaver point.
- Situated on the first floor with superb sea views across Torbay.
- Newly carpeted.
- Furnished with twin beds featuring advanced sleeping “miracoil” mattresses, a bedside table, lamp, chest of drawers, wardrobe and a chair.
- An occasional z-bed is also provided to accommodate additional guests.
- The family bathroom is situated on the ground floor and comprises of a bath with shower over, folding shower screen , WC, wash basin, shaver point and heated towel rail.
- En-suite to bedroom one comprises a bath with with shower over and screen to side, wash basin, WC and shaver point.
- Large sunny terrace with sweeping views of over the whole of Torbay.
- Patio dining table with six chairs and a parasol – ideal for al fresco dining.
- Beautiful communal gardens.
- On-site facilities are accessed via external steps and include an indoor swimming pool, sauna, gym and games room.
- Secure allocated parking space.