16 The Manor House, Torquay
A beautiful garden apartment with tranquil patio area and on-site swimming pool.
“Beautiful place, glorious weather, lots of Agatha Christie and plenty to do. We’ll be back”
No. 16 The Manor House is a newly renovated apartment in a 19th Century Gothic Mansion House within a 5 minute walk of the beach. The apartment benefits from a patio, communal indoor pool, sauna, gym and allocated parking.
The Manor House is an imposing 19th Century Gothic Mansion House set in a peaceful location near the sea front in Torquay. Built in 1867 for the world famous engineer William Froude, pioneer of powered flotation and a major influence in ship design, the mansion has a commanding position in Cockington.
Apartment 16 is spacious and light with large windows, giving access to the furnished patio from both the living area and bedroom. Guests have the added benefit of the communal indoor pool, sauna and gym plus the beautiful gardens. The patio area provides a peaceful spot to relax and enjoy the views across the garden down to the sea. This property has been awarded the prestigious ‘five-star’ rating by Visit England.
This property is close to local shops and a lovely village pub, the Drum Inn, is nearby offering seasonal dishes and real ales in an enchanting setting.
From the nearby sea front you can also catch the bus into Torquay town centre and harbour or explore the rest of Torbay. If you feel like a walk, then Torquay town centre is just 20 minutes away as is Cockington village and the country park.
Please note: Unfortunately children are not accepted in this property.
Whilst bed linen and bath towels are supplied, guests will need to bring their own towels for the swimming pool/beach.
(Click here for further information on Torquay and Torquay holiday cottages).
“Wonderful ‘home from home’, very quiet. We enjoyed our stay very much”
- A 5 star, 1 bedroom apartment, sleeps 2.
- Patio area with furniture.
- Communal gardens with views down to the sea.
- Communal pool, sauna and gym.
- Designated parking space.
- Open plan living/dining area with doors leading to the furnished patio.
- Furnished with 2 large two seater sofas.
- 40″ Plasma TV with Freeview, DVD player, hifi with CD and radio.
- Selection of board games and DVDs.
- Oak dining table with seating for 4.
- A modern and well equipped kitchen, including an electric oven and grill, gas hob and dishwasher.
- Utensils and accessories include a kettle, toaster and cafetiere.
- An iron and ironing board are provided for guests use.
- Please note: There is no washing machine at the property. A laundry service can be provided on request, local charges may apply.
- Lovely light bedroom with two sets of double doors leading out to the patio area.
- Views over the communal gardens.
- Furnished with a king-size bed, bedside tables with lamps, wardrobe, 3 and 4 drawer chests, TV with Freeview and an armchair.
- Bathroom comprises a bath with shower over, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- Patio area with furniture.
- Use of communal gardens.
- The use of the indoor swimming pool, sauna, a gym and table tennis.
- A designated parking space.
- The apartment is accessed via 8 steps.